Since border routers are the separation points between uplink, downlink and peering networks and the internet service provider (ISP), some points should be taken into consideration when choosing the right border routing platform to ensure it delivers crucial features and functions like support for a full internet routing table, mainstream routing protocols BGP and OSPF, access control lists, internet peering scale, device management and at least entry-level DDoS protection.
VyOS can be used as a border router, as it supports all necessary properties for this task, including dynamic routing protocols with the ability to control external traffic flows.
Fast deployment of new communication nodes with
commonly available hardware and minimum spending.
Deployment in rented locations within a single instance
next to additional, non-routing services.
Benefits: Why VyOS?
- Support for dynamic routing protocols to discover the network, maintain routing tables and calculate the best path for the traffic. Having low levels of routing overhead, using administrator specified paths and preventing network information leakage are the jobs of static routing.
- Automation with scripting for advanced configurations allows you to actively react to events happening in your network and control your router via external automation tools.
- Compatibility with a long list of hardware vendors helps our customers migrate from proprietary hardware or upgrade to higher performance software, enabling a successful transition to white box networking.
- Ability to run the border router inside a virtual machine on the same hardware with other services.
- A unified CLI as in classic hardware routers that help to inspect, backup and manage your infrastructure with ease.